Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Feb. 23: Office Blog - Top 10 Things Andrew Wants To Do...

I’ve talked about my bucket list in the past.
One of the things I’ve wanted to do but hadn’t until recently was learn how to snow board. Well, I can cross that one off the list. When I told people I was going to attempt snow boarding, they would say things like, “wear wrist guards”, “you’re going to be sore all over”, “you’re going to fall a lot”, etc. I can now say that everything I was told was completely accurate. Had I not worn wrist guards, I wouldn’t be typing this, my body hurts all over and I did fall a lot. I stopped counting the number of times I fell on my backside, or front, or side at about 200. And that was the first day. The second day is when I think I really hurt myself.


So, now that I’ve crossed that off my list, there are still a number of things I’d like to do before I start looking at the grass from the other side.

Top Ten things still on my “Bucket List”

10. Play a round at Augusta
9. Go to the Superbowl
8. Bungee Jump (no specific location)
7. Run a Full Marathon (preferably Hawaii, Disneyworld or Jamaica)
6. Touch the “Play like a champion Today” sign in the Notre Dame Fighting Irish locker room



5. Meet Lou Holtz (former coach of Notre Dame Fighting Irish)
4. Zip Line in Kauai or Jamaica
3. Do a flip (or 360) on a wake board
2. Watch my kids graduate university
1. Walk my daughter Olivia down the aisle at her wedding.

Some of these will be easier than others to accomplish. I’m fairly confident I can knock off at least six of these items before I knock off. I’ll let you decide which six they are.

Until next time…

2 comments:

Chuck Duboff said...

Very, very cool Andrew...

I have crossed some bucket list items off my list (given my age)...but continually revise...so...hear is my bucket list...

10) Watch a game at Yankee Stadium
9) Spend two/three months on the Euro Rail touring Europe
8) Meet Derek Jeter
7) Live in the Caribbean
6) See a game at Yankee Stadium
5) See a Notre Dame football game
4) Hold the Northern League championship trophy after the Goldeyes win the Norhern League
3) See a game at Yankee Stadium
2) See the Dave Matthews Band with my son Matthew
1) Write a book.

Unknown said...

A very commendable list and I believe you can do it.. I am up for a few of those myself... Augusta,Pebble Beach, the Superbowl definately.

If you are going to Bungy go to where it all began Hacketts in Queenstown NZ. That's what I did and loved it! Krista