Monday, March 16, 2009

From the Desk of the GM - Mar. 16, 2009

“Staff Survey”

Every once in a while on this blog, I will provide a glimpse into the Goldeyes front office staff and on-field coaching staff and put on display the wide variety of personalities we have working here. So, with that in mind, I emailed a survey with some varied topical questions that I think will give you a true glimpse into the minds of the people behind Goldeyes baseball. Feel free to form your own opinion of the staff based on their answers. I made some editors notes beside some of the answers in italics. I also allocated some awards to some staff for their answers.

Celebrity Crush
Jonathan – Kelly Clarkson
Angela – Richard Dean Anderson
Bonnie – Hugh Jackman
Kevin – does my girlfriend count? If not then Elisha Cuthbert. (Sappy Award)
Andrew – Kaley Cuoco
Paul Edmonds (Radioguy) – Lindsay Lohan – until she flaked out recently
Blake – Carrie Underwood
Sarah – Josh Duhamel
Dennis – June Allyson
Paul Duque (El Duque) – (current) Kristen Bell; (all-time) Jennifer Aniston
Regan – Elisha Cuthbert
Dan – Julie Andrews
Shane – Kate Beckinsale
Jason – Paul Edmonds
Judy – Bill Pullman, Hugh Jackman
Scott Taylor – Stevie Nicks, Carrie Underwood and Kaley Cuoco
Scott Horn – Kate Beckinsale
Tom – Danica Patrick
Rick – Marissa Miller
Rudy – Jennifer Lopez

Most embarrassing song on your iPod
Jonathan – Achy Breaky Heart – Billy Ray Cyrus
Angela – Thriller – Michael Jackson
Bonnie – no iPod :(
Kevin – Ice Ice Baby – Vanilla Ice
Andrew – Put a Ring On It - Beyonce
Radioguy – no iPod
Blake – All or Nothing – O-Town
Sarah – I’m Too Sexy – Right Said Fred
Dennis – what’s an iPod??
El Duque – entire album “Aquarium” by Aqua
Regan – Rhythm of the Night – Real McCoy
Dan – no iPod
Shane – Benny & the Jets (unplugged MTV version)
Jason – no iPod
Judy – no iPod
Scott Taylor – Let’s go racin’ boys – Toby Lightman (Nascar song from Fox TV)
Scott Horn – Barbie Song – Pink
Tom – no iPod
Rick – Too Shy – Kaja Goo Goo
Rudy – Gold Digger – Kanye West

Least favourite sport
Jonathan – golf
Angela – soccer
Bonnie – golf
Kevin – NBA Basketball – I’d rather watch paint dry
Andrew – soccer
Radioguy – soccer
Blake – basketball
Sarah – curling
Dennis – rodeo
El Duque – poker – I like playing, but why do they show it on sports channels?
Regan - basketball
Dan – fishing – can’t sit still!
Shane – none… unless you consider figure skating a sport instead of a performance
Jason – basketball – I’m too short
Judy – to play – curling – I do enough sweeping at home, to watch – boxing
Scott Taylor – poker (is it a sport?)
Scott Horn – cricket
Tom – curling
Rick – tennis
Rudy – synchronized swimming

Guilty pleasure
Jonathan – sweet chili heat Doritos and Cherry Nibs
Angela – reality tv shows (too many of them)
Bonnie – Bones tv series
Kevin – Saturday mornings, I like to watch Hannah Montana
Andrew – chocolate covered cherries and blueberries from Rocky Mountain
Radioguy – chips
Blake – video games
Sarah – shopping, purses and shoes specifically
Dennis – ogling
El Duque – I still watch wrestling once in a while
Regan – answer did not comply with CRTC standards
Dan – three cheese pizza
Shane – I really like to buy shoes (because my size is a pain to find)
Jason – Slurpees
Judy – eccle cakes and chai tea lattes
Scott Taylor – anything Disney
Scott Horn – chocolate cheesecake
Tom – none
Rick – chicken wings
Rudy – Johnny Walker Gold Label

If I could have one superpower it would be
Jonathan – invisibility
Angela – flying/teleportation
Bonnie – time travel – I would have started to work here years ago! (Suckup Award)
Kevin – I wish I could melt snow and ice just by looking at it, I hate winter!
Andrew – time travel
Radioguy – ability to fly
Blake – time travel
Sarah – invisibility
Dennis – X-Ray vision
El Duque – ability to fly
Regan – ability to fly
Dan – ability to fly
Shane – ability to read my boss’s mind
Jason – ability to predict the future
Judy – ability to disappear
Scott Taylor – invisibility
Scott Horn – telekinesis
Tom – ability to fly
Rick – ability to read minds
Rudy – X-Ray vision

What I’m doing at work when no one’s watching
Jonathan – buying stuff on eBay
Angela – planning my next vacation
Bonnie – reading Twilight for the millionth time
Kevin – dreaming of the day when the Leafs win the Stanley Cup
Andrew – making my picks on ESPN.com’s “Streak for the Cash”
Radioguy – reading out-of-town newspapers on-line
Blake – checking out Chicago Blackhawks news
Sarah – watching aerobics videos BUT only on my lunch break :)
Dennis – not applicable
El Duque – handling my “bid’ness”
Regan – filling out surveys for Andrew
Dan – playing on-line poker (Honesty award)
Shane – reading espn.com or tsn.ca
Jason – I do what I want, but unlike some, I don’t have a tv in my office. For real, it would be checking the stock index and U.S. exchange rate, no wonder I’m depressed.
Judy – always working (BS award)
Scott Taylor – watching baseball on MLB.com
Scott Horn – wondering what everyone else is doing
Tom – sudoku
Rick – catching a 10 minute nap
Rudy – text messaging

If I could be on a reality show, it would be
Jonathan – Survivor
Angela – The mature Bachelorette
Bonnie – The Bachelorette
Kevin – Amazing Race
Andrew – The Apprentice
Radioguy – Survivor
Blake – Bromance
Sarah – a tie between Amazing Race and The Hills
Dennis – the one in the jungle (I’m pretty sure he means Survivor)
El Duque – Amazing Race
Regan – Amazing Race
Dan – The Apprentice
Shane – Pros vs. Joes
Jason – Survivor
Judy – I loathe reality shows. Wouldn’t want to be on any.
Scott Taylor – Wipeout
Scott Horn – Fear Factor
Tom – don’t watch them
Rick – Big Break
Rudy – From G’s to Gents

Blondes, Brunettes or Redheads
Jonathan – brunettes
Angela - brunettes
Bonnie – brunettes
Kevin – doesn’t matter as long as she cheers for the Leafs
Andrew – brunettes
Radioguy – blondes
Blake – blondes
Sarah – all of the above
Dennis – bald heads
El Duque – why exclude anyone from the party?
Regan - brunettes
Dan – blondes
Shane – redheads
Jason – whoever will take me… what colour is Jen’s hair, red
Judy – brunettes
Scott Taylor – all of the above
Scott Horn – brunettes
Tom – blondes
Rick – brunettes
Rudy – brunettes

Plain, pepperoni or other
Jonathan – pepperoni
Angela – no pizza for me!
Bonnie – Hawaiian
Kevin – pepperoni and mushroom
Andrew – double pepperoni & double cheese
Radioguy – pepperoni
Blake – pepperoni
Sarah – pepperoni
Dennis – beef, bacon & mushroom
El Duque – other – supreme… wait, we’re talking about pizza, right?
Regan - pepperoni
Dan – lactose intolerant
Shane – shrimp & meatball
Jason – other
Judy – other – lots of junk!
Scott Taylor – Little Caesar’s Three Meat Treat (just $7.95)
Scott Horn – loaded
Tom – other
Rick – other
Rudy – pepperoni

I own ___ pairs of shoes
Jonathan – 11
Angela – 35 at least
Bonnie – 24
Kevin – was 3 until I started working here, now it’s 4… 4th pair are for putting the tarp on the field
Andrew – 32
Radioguy – 4
Blake – 8
Sarah – 40+… wow I didn’t realize how many pairs I had
Dennis – 5 and a half
El Duque – 11
Regan – I ran out of fingers, less than Andrew, more than my Mom
Dan – 6
Shane – lots but still not enough
Jason – 9, but one pair will soon be in the garbage
Judy – at least 20 – if I wasn’t meant to have them, they wouldn’t make them in my size
Scott Taylor – 14
Scott Horn – 24
Tom – 15
Rick – 7
Rudy – 15

Next blog… Wednesday, March 18 “Where are they Now? – Office Staff edition”

Until next time…

-- Andrew

No comments: