Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Clubhouse Blog - Mar. 31, 2009

"March Madness"

The madness has officially begun.

The player releases from affiliated baseball started last week and seem to be picking up pace. I have decided to do things a little differently as I’m sure many of you can tell by the lack of press releases announcing player signings.

Not to worry I am really working hard and not out on a family vacation, although I must admit I can use one right about now. My mornings usually start at 6:30am to wake up David for school unless Erik has plans on an earlier wake up time. I head right down stairs to the computer to check e-mails and look over releases that I may have received late at night. I feed and dress the kids for school and send them on their way then its back to the computer and now the phone. I have become pretty handy at multi-tasking. I figured out how to have a conversation on speaker phone, send text messages and go over release sheets/look up players at the same time. This craziness goes on for the better part of the day and most of the evening.

In years past I have had most of my roster signed by March 1st and have been finished putting my team together by the 10th of April. With the lack of releases throughout the winter has forced me to change plans and wait it out until the affiliated releases start thus creating more last minute work for me, my coaches, Andrew and Jonathan. SORRY GUYS!

I’m really excited about the players we have in place so far. Should be an exciting season. Stay tuned.

-- Rick

3 comments:

Chuck Duboff said...

Rick:
Was having coffee with Mickey the other day...and that is exactly what we were talking about...the lack of player signings this winter...very quiet/different. But, we also speculated that once the WBC was over and Major League camps broke, the player signings would begin to heat up...I've got a good feel about our new first baseman...anything interesting coming in the outfield?
A very anxious Goldeyes fan,
Chuck

rick said...

Chuck,

The Goldeyes have agreed to terms with 2 outfielders that will be announced very soon. Hang in there.

Rick

Chuck Duboff said...

let's see Melky Cabrera and Gary Shefield...am I close?