Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Clubhouse Blog - Jan. 12, 2010

Ok, I’ll admit that I’ve been very delinquent in my efforts to maintain my contribution to the blog section of our baseball club’s website.

Yes, I know, I started strongly last year only to have the 2009 season start and then seemingly I disappeared – not unlike our hitting in August. But I digress.

Well, at this point I beg for forgiveness and provide you with one simple excuse. Not that I’m big on excuses, but in this particular instance, I think you’ll agree that my time away from the blogosphere was well spend on my family and around the house.

Why? Because for the first time in my life, I built a hockey rink in the yard. Not just any hockey rink, but a 50” x 90” outdoor Mecca for Dad and the kids to have fun on this winter (Mom has a bad tailbone and skating this winter might put her in the hospital, so she’s eliminated from the family fun on the ice).

This project has not taken me hours to construct, but quite literally days. As you will see by the sequence of pictures, this thing started back in November and finally after months of work, cold hands, frozen garden hoses and about $400.00 in materials, we’ll be able to skate on it this weekend.










If not, then the last picture will make for a nice family postcard next Christmas.
I’ll let you know how it goes in coming blogs, albeit more frequently than my last post. Enjoy.

Peace out,
Paul Edmonds

2 comments:

Chuck Duboff said...

...great job bud...great job!...
now how about that lineup Rick is putting together...pretty impressive!

Tom Hallick said...

I'll go one better:
Freakin' phenomenal!