Tuesday, October 13, 2009

From the Desk of the GM - October 13, 2009

"MLB Playoff update"

The first round of the MLB playoffs are now in the books. The first round provided some very exciting baseball with some great come from behind wins, a few dropped balls, a few blown saves and some great production from some guys that are expected to produce. George Sherrill pitched in all three wins for the Dodgers, picking up his first post-season victory in game one.

In the ALCS it will be the Yankees against the Angels and in the NLCS it will be the Dodgers and Phillies. The Phillies are looking to become the first team to repeat as World Series champs since the Yankees won three in a row from 1998-2000.

The two teams I predicted to be in the finals are still alive with the Dodgers and Yankees both advancing. It would be great to see Joe Torre face his former team in the finals.

Here's an email I received from Goldeyes season ticket holder Craig Kuhlman (the Kuhlman's are also a Goldeyes host family), with his predictions. The email was sent to me before the Phillies won Monday's night's game in Colorado to advance.

Just finished reading your latest blog. I'm late here, but I'm going to pick the Phillies to repeat. I was rooting for the Twins, but that didn't work out so well. I've been a lifelong Cubs fan, so I was very happy to see the Cards get swept! Anyway, I'm like you even though I love the Cubs, Reggie was always one of my favorite players growing up. From the time I got into baseball at the age of six in 1977, and when I got the chance to see him live when our family went to the Metrodome in 1985 against the A's, I've always loved Mr. October. - Craig Kuhlman

Feel free to send me your thoughts and picks as the CS's get underway.

Go Yankees!

For up to the minute information about the Goldeyes, check us out on Twitter.

GoldeyesGM on Twitter
Winnipeg Goldeyes on Twitter

Until next time…

No comments: