Wednesday, July 29, 2009

From the Desk of the GM - July 29, 2009

"Favourite Goldeyes Memory"

In the last edition of this blog, I talked about Donnie Smith jersey retirement night on July 21 as being one of my favourite Goldeyes memories. I then invited readers to submit their favourites. I picked a few good ones and posted them below.

From Michael Elves -

“Thankfully - and unsurprisingly - I've had a lot of great Goldeyes memories over the years, but if I had to choose it would likely be Demetrius Heath's suicide squeeze last summer to win the game against our biggest rivals, Fargo. Thirteenth inning, clutch play and one that I had never seen before other than on a highlight reel. The game had gone on loooong, some of our friends had left but we stuck it out and I was so glad we had.”
- Goldeyes vs. RedHawks – August 12, 2008 – Goldeyes won 6-5 in 13 innings.

From Josh Buchholz (General Manager – Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks)

“My favorite Goldeyes memory is Game 3 of the 1998 playoffs…Sparks vs. Schmidt…even though we lost…greatest game I’ve ever seen.”







- Goldeyes vs. RedHawks – September 6, 1998 – Fish won 6-5 in 13 innings.
- George Schmidt for Fargo went 6 1/3 in relief giving up one run.
- Jeff Sparks for Winnipeg went 5 1/3 in relief giving up one hit, no runs and 12 strikeouts.

Feel free to keep the memory emails coming to andrew@goldeyes.com, I will be revisiting this theme as the summer goes on.

Next blog will feature the next six game homestand which starts Tuesday, August 4 and ends Sunday, August 9.

For up to the minute information about the Goldeyes, check us out on Twitter.

GoldeyesGM on Twitter
Winnipeg Goldeyes on Twitter

Until next time…

No comments: