Wednesday, April 15, 2009

From the Desk of the GM - Apr. 15, 2009

“Masters Blog Follow-up”

In Monday’s blog, I talked about my love of watching the Masters each year and also my lifelong desire to play Augusta National some day. A friend of my mother’s, and fellow member of the Manitoba Golf Hall of Fame Board, Don MacDonald, was at Augusta last week. After reading my blog, he sent my Mom the following email:

“I enjoyed Andrew's blog. You can tell he is from a golfing family. Now to answer how does he get to golf at Augusta, a few suggestions:
1) volunteer as a "patron marshal" for the Masters (although I am sure there is a long list) as the club has the volunteers out for a day of golf in May to thank them,
2) become GM of a major league team owned by a golf enthusiast,
3) become credentialed as a media person and hope you get selected to play on the Monday like Tim Campbell (Winnipeg Free Press sports writer) did a few years ago, or
4) become President of the RCGA.”

Don McDonald

Well, it appears I’ve got my work cut out for me if I want to cross that item off the “bucket list”!

Thanks for the info Don, much appreciated.

Until next time…
-- Andrew

No comments: